Sunday, May 1, 2011

Florida Views: Development and Vision

I just completed a fantastic, but extremely packed semester at USF. It was full of exceptionally useful course material and I was able to translate a final project for my digital library class into a mock-up for a collection I have been working with at the Matheson Museum. I have been scanning a collection of Florida stereoview cards (about 1,200 total) and creating a finding aid for these objects. Working with these images each week has been truly enlightening as I have learned a great deal about Florida history and am constantly reminded about the surprising youth of this state--at least in a modern sense. My digital library is a preliminary sketch, created using Omeka software, for a full scale library that I will work on over the next few months. Check out the first version to see some great images and maps and stay tuned for updates; I will post a detailed account of the design and curation as the project develops. I love it when I am able to translate coursework into a tangible product, and digitizing is one of my favorite endeavors.











Florida Views: Development and Vision digital library:
http://flstereoview.omeka.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment